Submission Deadline February 15, 2016
The XXIII World Congress of Asthma in order to exploit new technologies that are friendly for the authors and the environment introduces the use of electronic posters (E-Posters) displayed on computer screens instead of printed on paper. Therefore all accepted abstracts for Poster Presentation will be scheduled as E-Posters.
All electronic poster presenters should send their presentation no later than February 15, 2016. No e-Posters will be accepted after the deadline.
All E-posters will be displayed from Saturday and Sunday in the E-poster area. The E-posters will be displayed on user friendly multi media screens available for E-posters only. Multiple E-posters will be available on each screen. Slides will be advanced by mouse click. The E-posters can be looked up by poster number, title, category or presenting author name.
Besides being displayed onsite, all E-posters will be made available for viewing on the conference website up to one month after the conference if accepted by the presenting author.
Formats that can be used
- All submissions must be in MS-PowerPoint format.
- The PowerPoint file must have the .ppt or .pptx suffix to be accepted.
- Only one PowerPoint file may be submitted per electronic poster.
- E-Posters will be viewed on 55’’ LCD screens (47.9’’ x 27’’).
- Screen ration: 16:9. In Microsoft Office 2013 the default format is now 16:9 but if you are using older versions you must change the slide master BEFORE you create your E-Poster.
- Page set up: 90x120cm.
- Avoid using small images and text if possible. For images, you can use format .jpeg or .png analyzed 72 or 96 dpi and similar size.
- Landscape format.
- The electronic poster sessions will have no connection to the internet. Therefore Hyperlinks should be removed.
- Animated images, animations and animated slide transitions are not permitted for ePosters and will be non-functioning.
- No audio speakers will be available, so please do not include audio in your presentation
- Maximum 5 slides can be uploaded for each E-Poster
The final electronic poster will be subject to quality control.
IMPORTANT: Please note that WCA 2016 policies do not allow displaying pharmaceutical products or company logos anywhere on your eposter.
The disclosure statement submitted together with the abstract will be published online at the Meeting website, and you shall include the statement on the first slide of your e poster.
Download disclosure statement here.